Over the next few weeks I'll be giving away a copy of books that I have found invaluable in my arts marketing career. All the details on how to win will come at the end of each post. We are starting with A Beautiful Constraint
A life in the artistic world is a life defined by constraints. You have the typical restraints that all businesses have to some degree i.e time and money. You also have constraints that are unique to the arts world. For example I work in theater and theater has a "scale" restraint. Any theater production has a limited number of seats they can sell on a given night. A play like Hamilton can be incredible but the Broadway run may still be physically experienced by less people then will watch one quarter of a sub par NBA game.
And the thing about many of the constraints we face is that they may never go away. Let's look at another constraint many of us face in the arts, relatively "high" ticket prices. The costs and structure of many arts organizations may also create a need for a large amount of earned revenue through ticket sales.
The book A Beautiful Constraint will give you a variety of different ways to consider, reconsider and (possibly) overcome some of the constraints that are challenging you in your professional and personal life. I have one copy of the book that I will mail (shipping covered by me) to one reader of this blog. To get a chance to win here's what you have to do:
- Send an email to me. My email is mission.paradox @ yahoo.com
- The subject line of the email should be "My Constraint"
- In the email talk to me about one particular challenge you are having in your arts career. It can be a business challenge or an artistic one.
- If I have some helpful thoughts on any of your challenges I'll send you an email reply.
- The deadline to reply is Friday, April 29
- I'll take the best responses, gather them together and draw one at random. That winner will get the book via mail
I've got a least 2-3 more books (and possibly more) to give away. So keep reading the blog over the next several weeks. Good luck.