If you want to be a better arts marketer then it's a pretty wise use of your time and money to attend the National Arts Marketing Project (NAMP). NAMP will take place in Salt Lake City November 6-9. I'll be there. I'm playing a role in shaping the "Marketer as Change Maker" conference track and I'll be facilitating some discussions in that area.
I hope I see you today. If you sign up today (8/28) you get sweet early bird pricing. Even if you can't get the early bird pricing, however, you should still attend. It's a great event at a great value and I hope I see you there. You can get info about the conference at register at this link.
Also, if you (or want to be) Chicago based I've got a job I want you to consider. In "real life" I'm the Marketing Director at Court Theatre, one of the largest nonprofit theaters in town. I'm looking for a Associate Director for Content Creations and Community Relations. The entire job description is below. If you are interested and want more details email me at mission.paradox(at)yahoo.com and let's talk.
Title: Associate Director, Content Creation and Community Relations
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Communications and Marketing
Basic Function: The Associate Director for Content Creation and Community Relations is a vital member of Court Theatre’s marketing team. This person will be the lead writer for all of Court’s print and digital marketing. This person will also be empowered to build relationships with community partners such as civic and university groups. Finally, this person will design and implement a strategy designed to generate approximately 10% of Court’s earned income from group sales.
- Write and edit content for all of Court’s marketing efforts such as play descriptions, show programs and email newsletters
- Design and implement Court’s social media strategy with the goal of establishing Court as an industry leader
- Meet and develop healthy and mutually beneficial relationships with community partners
- With the assistance of Court’s marketing team and box office, design and implement a strategy designed to encourage groups to attend our productions.
- Assist in the scheduling and creation process for all of Court’s marketing collateral.
- BA or BS required; with a concentration in marketing or communications preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in multiple formats
- The ability to find and manage community partnerships.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Comfort managing major social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook
- Passion for history or the performing arts
2 years of experience executing marketing communications preferred. 1 or more years in a theatre or other nonprofit arts organization preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or status as an individual with disability.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity / Disabled / Veterans Employer.
Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process may contact Human Resources by calling 773-834-1841 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their request.